Auto Repair Springfield MA, Car Repair, 7 Habits Of Highly Successful Car Owners
We get a lot of questions here at Precision Auto Repair.
And we like to answer and help car owners, so we decided to sit down and share “7 Habits Of Highly Successful Car Owners.” These simple tips are easy and will prolong the life of your car.
Feel free to share with friends and family.
7 Habits Of Highly Successful Car Owners
by James Stephenson
1. Buy gas at reputable stations – A great habit to start is going to reputable gas stations for your gas. If you ever see a tanker filling the tanks while you are there, move on. Come back the next day or go to another station.
The gas going into the tanks can stir up sediment which can clog fuel injectors and filters, causing poor performance.
2. Choose a good car insurer – Not all insurance agents are created equal and like any other profession, there are good ones and bad ones. The last thing you want is to get into an accident and be stuck with a bad one. Taking the time to find a good insurer and making sure you have the right coverage is an important habit for a Highly Successful Car Owner.
3. Auto Log – Keeping a log is good for a lot of reasons. Repairs, oil changes and other maintenance logged into a log book can make it easier for selling if you ever want to. It also is good to log gas fill ups and track mileage. If you ever notice that your gas mileage worsens, you can mention it to us and we can see if there is a problem.
4. Park in the shade – Your engine, tires and gas mileage are important but so is the exterior and interior of your car. The weather in Western MA can be brutal on your car. Blazing hot temperatures in the summer and the snow and ice from winter can wreak havoc, so parking in a garage is always the ideal situation. If a garage is not possible, a car shade may be the answer.
5. Regular tune ups – Very important for car owners to perform on a regular basis. A regular tune up will result in better performance, improved gas mileage, fuel economy, minimized emissions and it can prevent major car repairs.
6. Regular oil changes – One of the easiest things to do with care is also one of the most important. Changing your car’s oil every 3000 miles will result in better engine performance, better gas mileage, extended engine life and lower emissions.
7. Rotate tires and check treads – Here are three good reasons to rotate your tires: a.Tire rotation can keep the right balance that helps maintain traction when roads are wet with rain or snow. b. Many tire manufacturers require regular rotation in order to keep their warranties valid. c. It helps even out tire wear. If your tire is used in each of your car’s four positions it will wear evenly across your tires prolonging, their life.
And here’s the good news.
You can follow any of the steps listed above and we can help. If you have any questions, please call our office at 413-363-0306, or you can schedule an appointment online by going here next:
Have a great day!